For me and my household this Christmas season isn’t just about us — it’s about our little furry guy Kodi too! That’s why I set out to find some fun little DIY treats that I could make for our bouncing little bundle of kitten over the holidays. As usual, the internet did not disappoint, and I found one recipe that was so cute I just knew I had to share it.
I present to you the DIY Gingerbread Man kitty treat. The best thing you never knew you and your kitties needed this Christmas.
DIY Gingerbread Man Holiday Treats
I originally came across this great (and pretty simple) recipe over on Chewy. Now, don’t expect a photo finish here — these aren’t the prettiest thing to look at and your fur baby is more likely to be a hindrance than a help when it comes to this recipe and your kitchen space. But do expect a yummy treat that will help you and your frisky feline get into the holiday spirit and help you both feel warm and cuddly this winter.
Don’t be fooled by the chunky exterior. These treats are packed full of healthy ginger and pumpkin ingredients that even the pickiest feline is sure to love.
- 2 cups Sojos Complete Turkey Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Food
- 1 cup Herbsmith Sassy Cat Turkey with Sweet Potato & Ginger Freeze-Dried Cat Treats
- ¾ cup Fruitables Easy Pour Pumpkin SuperBlend Supplement
- ½ cup water
- 4 pouches Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up! Dog & Cat Food Supplement
True to their promise, these kitty treats are easy to make and don’t require any fancy kitchen equipment. Quick clean up and a short prep time? Sign me up.
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spatula
- Measuring cup
- Baking sheet
- Gingerbread cookie cutter
Preparation Time: 20 M
Bake Time: 15 M
Total Time: 35 M
Yield: 16 Cat Treats
- The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350F.
- Next, in your large mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients above except for 3 of the Weruva Pumpkin Patch pouches. These you will save for later.
- Set your gingerbread man cookie cutter on an ungreased baking sheet and fill it up halfway with your mixture. Gently remove the mold from the treat so that it holds its shape.
- Keep going, placing the treats about an inch apart from one another across the baking sheet.
- Bake the treats for 15 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Use the remaining treat pouches to glaze your treats, giving them that little extra “yum!”
So, you feelin’ frisky enough to whip up these tasty treats? Let me know in the comments below or find me on Facebook and Instagram! I wanna know. Did you kitty hate them or love them?