This is one of my favorite recipes to make, and can be made to suit any taste — including vegans. It only takes about 30 minutes to put together, and it’s a huge crowd pleaser that’s sure to leave your friends and family asking for more!
For this recipe, you’ll only need a few simple ingredients:
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 fl. oz of single cream (or soya cream for our veggie/vegan friends!)
- salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful of cashew nuts
- Favorite pasta of your choice (I recommend penne or classic spaghetti)
- In a pan over a medium heat sauté the leeks in the vegetable oil. After a few minutes add the mushroom, ginger and garlic. Cook for a further few minutes then pour in the soya cream.
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow to simmer gently. Meanwhile cook the pasta.
- Once pasta and sauce is ready, pour the sauce into the pan of drained pasta, add the parsley and cashew nuts, then mix well. Serve immediately.
And the end result should look something like this (depending on which pasta type you use):
If you’re one of our carnivorous friends, feel free to garnish with delicious, farm-raised chicken breast.
And there you have it! This is such a quick and easy meal and it’s delicious to boot. It also doesn’t look to shabby plated up. Your family and friends are sure to think you spent a lifetime slaving away over this gourmet meal…but that will just be our little secret 😉
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!