This recipe is a great way to jazz up your veggies and enjoy a delicious new sauce.
For a variation you can also try adding some marinated tofu or cashew nuts. Yum! (If you’re not a vegan or vegetarian, this recipe is also delicious with your favorite free-range chicken breast).
- 1 oz / 30g brown sugar
- 1 oz / 30g cornflour
- 3 tbsp / 45ml wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1/2 a cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small head broccoli, broken into florets
- First make the sauce by placing the sugar, cornflour, vinegar, ginger, garlic, juice from tinned pineapple and tomato ketchup in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stir fry the onion, leek and pepper for a few minutes. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and stir-fry until all vegetables are just cooked.
- Add the sauce mixture and pineapples and cook until thick – a couple of minutes. Serve with boiled rice.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this recipe. Not a fan of some of the veggies above? Want to add a little more “oomph”? Just throw in a few more of your favorite veggies, like eggplant or mushrooms!