If you’re anything like me, your sweet tooth can make it pretty hard to turn down a slice of hot apple pie. But what about an ooey-gooey slice of caramel apple cobbler? Now that is something that’s impossible to say no to!
While answering the call of my wayward sweet tooth, I found this scrumptious caramel apple cobbler recipe compliments of Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch. With just a few simple ingredients, I was able to whip up this dessert which was so good, it had me and the SO going back for more time and time again.
I will warn you, this recipe is ultra sweet. I used only 2/3’s of the recommended sugar and would still recommend dialing it back just a hair. Afterall, you are going to top it with ice cream and caramel sauce!
So, if you want to whip up the perfect dessert for your family — look no further. Get to bakin’!
CARAMEL APPLE COBBLER
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 60 min (may vary)
- 10 cups Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored, and Sliced
- 1 cup Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 whole Small Lemon, Juiced
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup Butter, Melted
- Ice Cream, Sweetened Whip Cream, and Additional Caramel Sauce for Serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together apples, caramel sauce, 1/3 cup flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and lemon juice, until well combined.
- Place apple mixture into a 9″x13″ baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, until well combined.
- Make a well in center, and add eggs. Using a paddle attachment, or fork mix until very well combined, and egg is no longer visible.
- Press Cobbler topping between fingers, and evenly distribute over apples. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown, and apples are tender when poked.
- Serve with ice cream, or sweetened whipping cream, and drizzle with additional caramel.
And voila! You’ve got a dessert that your family and friends will be begging for. So, if you want a dessert that’s both easy and scrumptious, why not give this caramel apple cobbler a try. It’s guaranteed to be a hit!