This delicious vegan chili recipe is one of our personal favorites, and it’s sure to become one of yours as well. Try this tangy favorite if you’re looking to spice things up in your kitchen. Perfect for chilly winter nights!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1/2 (200g) punnet mushrooms, chopped
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (400g) tin kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (340g) tin sweetcorn, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tangy BBQ sauce
- 2 dashes of Liquid Smoke
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, carrots and garlic until tender. Stir in green pepper, red pepper, chili pepper, celery and chilli powder. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans and sweetcorn. Season with cumin, oregano and basil. Bring to the boil, and reduce heat to medium. Add ketchup, BBQ sauce and liquid smoke. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with vegan cheddar, crumbled whole-grain crackers. Serve with a side of sweet cornbread to make it even more tasty.
And there you have it! A delicious and ridiculously easy vegan chili recipe that is sure to keep your friends and family coming back for more!
What’s your favorite recipe for vegan chili? Let me know in the comments below!