There’s never a bad time for tacos, and that goes doubly for this delicious vegan street taco recipe. Whip this one up to spice up and dinner with family and friends.
Serving Size: 8 Tacos
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 medium-size butternut squash, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño or Serrano pepper, diced very finely
- 4 Tbsp lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 soft corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Place diced butternut squash in a lightly oiled shallow baking dish or roasting pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast butternut squash for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
3. Pico de gallo: In a small bowl, combine tomato, onion, pepper, 2 Tbsp lime juice, and a dash of salt. Stir well and set aside.
4. Cilantro lime cream sauce: Combine in blender or food processor silken tofu, cilantro, 2 Tbsp lime juice and a pinch of salt. Blend or process until smooth and creamy.
Heat black beans in a small sauce pan over medium heat, adding water if necessary. Heat the corn tortillas in a heavy skillet, turning frequently.
5. Assemble tacos: Place a warm corn tortilla on a plate, add some black beans, roasted butternut squash, pico de gallo, and top with cilantro lime cream sauce. Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas. Eat with hands.
Have you tried this tasty recipe? Let me know in the comments below?