It might not be spring yet, but it’s never too early to start thinking about spring cleaning! Use this handy room-by-room guide to give your home the deep cleaning it so desperately needs.
If you really want to get down and dirty to give your home the best spring cleaning ever, then just follow these room-by-room steps. Trust me, your home will be cleaner than ever before!
Bathroom / Kitchen
- Soak shower heads in vinegar.
- Polish fixtures.
- Clean shower grout with bleach.
- Shine stainless steel appliances.
- Clean and rinse stovetop burners.
- Polish glass cooktop.
- Wipe oven hood.
- Polish oven glass.
- Scrub the bathtub with baking soda and vinegar.
- Clean out shower door buildup.
- Squeegee glass shower doors.
- Wash / replace shower curtains and shower liners.
- Clean toilet seats (including those bolts!).
- Shine mirror.
- Clean out beneath the sink and in drawers (kitchen and bathroom).
- Wipe and clean backsplashes.
- Dust and clean refrigerator coils, seals and vent covers.
- Degrease stove filter vents.
- Polish sinks and drains.
- Polish / disinfect cabinet fronts and knobs.
- Clean the inside of the oven and wash the racks.
- Wipe down oven and / or stove knobs.
- Clean dishwasher with baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice.
Bedrooms and Living Spaces
- Dust / lint roll the lampshades.
- Vacuum / wash / dust window treatments.
- Clean under the furniture.
- Spot clean or deep clean carpets and rugs.
- Vacuum and deep clean furniture and upholstery.
- Dust / wipe down wall art and decor (as appropriate).
- Wash all throws, pillow covers, shams, etc.
- Dust electronics (above and below).
- Organize cords.
- Dust bookshelves and books (don’t forget the tops!).
- Polish wooden furniture.
- Dust ceiling fans.
- Dust light fixtures and replace bulbs (try and use energy efficient bulbs).
- Wipe down and dust moldings and trims.
- Clean baseboards.
- Spot clean walls with microfiber cloths.
- Wipe down window sills.
- Clean and buff windows.
- Wipe down / disinfect door knobs, door fronts and light switch plates.
- Sweep, vacuum and polish all floors (as appropriate).
What are your favorite spring cleaning tips? Share them in the replies below!