It is really hard to beat a good bowl of pasta for something quick and easy, so I’m going to share another one of my favorites with you: Broccoli & Pesto Pasta.
Yummy Broccoli & Pesto Pasta
For this one, you’ll only need a few ingredients and just a few minutes of prep time. In a matter of minutes, you’ll be enjoying one of your new favorite meals. This recipe is vegan in nature, but if you aren’t vegan, don’t be afraid to use regular cheese and add a bit of your favorite white meat.
- 8oz / 225g pasta
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto (or standard pesto)
- 1/2 small broccoli
- 2 handfuls pine nuts
- 1 sliced tomato
- Vegan parmesan-style cheese (or regular parmesan if you aren’t vegan)
- Add pasta to boiling water and boil for 8 minutes.
- Steam broccoli for last 4 minutes and add to pasta together with the pesto and pine nuts.
- Mix and serve onto plates. Add garnish of thinly sliced tomato.
- Sprinkle with vegan cheese or a mixture of nutritional yeast and ground almonds for a parmesan-esque flavour.
When you’re done, you should have a delicious meal that looks something like this (sans optional tomato garnish):
And that’s it! In about 10-15 minutes, you’ll have a delicious meal that is sure to impress and please.
What do you think of this recipe? Let me know in the replies below or on the Lady Vivra Facebook page!