The holiday season is looming upon us. Are you ready to entertain all those friends and family members? Make sure your party or get together goes off without a hitch by using this last-minute holiday hosting checklist!
It’s 1 week until the event. Have you…?
- Deep cleaned the public rooms?
- Planned appetizer, dinner and cocktail menus?
- Composed the shopping list?
- Gone shopping?
- Laid out table linens, place mats, napkin, runners, etc?
- Planned and purchased decorations?
It’s 2-3 days until the event. Have you…?
- Pick up any last minute food items?
- Purchased all cocktail ingredients?
- Prep and make any non-perishable items?
- Choose and lay out outfit?
- Clear all clutter from public rooms and store away?
- Pick up any items that are being borrowed or rented?
It’s 1 day until the event. Have you…?
- Given a final clean to public rooms like the living room and bathroom?
- Clear and designate a space for guest coat, bag and shoe storage?
- Arrange what you can on serving platters and store accordingly?
- Set up decorations?
- Take time to relax and unwind in preparation of hosting?
It’s the day of the event. Have you?
- Tidied up common areas one last time?
- Dusted, swept and vacuumed as needed?
- Allowed yourself plenty of time to get ready?
- Set up table and food or drink stations?
- Finish prepping the food?
- Offered guests refreshments as they arrived (allowing you to finish any last minute prep)?
Did I miss something? Let me know in the replies below or on the Lady Vivra Facebook page!