Looking for the perfect dessert or treat that will surprise and please at backyard BBQ and dinner party alike? We have the perfect recipe for you – a delicious (and gluten free) fruit pizza!
- 2½ cups (350 grams) Enjoy Life All Purpose Gluten Free Flour mix
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup organic non-hydrogenated palm shortening
- ½ cup + 2 tsp water or milk of choice
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening.
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (approx ½ of lemon)
- pinch of salt
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 kiwi
- 1 small box blackberries
- 1 small box raspberries
- 1 small box blueberries
- 1 mango
- fresh pineapple
- fresh figs
- In a large bowl combine sugar, water/milk and vanilla extract and mix until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add shortening and beat on high for 5 minutes with a mixer until smooth or by hand until small clumps remain.
- Add the baking soda and slowly add the gluten free flour in small increments. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once all the flour is incorporated, mix on high for 5 minutes. (If mixing by hand, be sure to beat vigorously taking breaks in-between.) Allow dough to absorb moisture while chilling dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Divide dough in two. Press half out into a 10 inch circle leaving a ¾-1 inch border (cookie will spread a little during cooking and more if not chilled.) Dock dough with a fork to prevent air pockets
- .Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes and rotate the pan. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until top is brown and dry. Turn the oven off and open the door. Let the cookie to bake another 2 minutes. Allow the cookie to cool completely before assembling with topping.
– Beat shortening on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
– Add fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
– Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time. Continue mixing on high and scrap down the sides of the bowl.
– Once all the sugar is added, beat on high for another 5 minutes.
– Divide in half and reserve excess for later use.
– Evenly spread frosting onto cooled cookie.
– Create an alternating pattern with your favorite fruit.
And VOILA! You have a delicious fruit pizza that is sure to impress and should look something like this: